Terms and Conditions
“Hirer” – For the purpose of this agreement, the term “Hirer” shall refer to:
- The person who confirms the booking by paying the initial deposit; and
- The primary driver who pays the security deposit.
Welcome, and thank you for choosing Voyage Motorhomes. We look forward to providing you with a straight-forward and enjoyable motorhome experience.
Your Contractual Rental Agreement comprises two parts:
- Contractual Rental Agreement – Part A – Rental Details
- Contractual Rental Agreement – Part B – Terms and Conditions
Part A contains Hirer and Passenger information along with details of the rental period and vehicle. This will be completed with you in person as you pick up the vehicle.
Part B sets out the terms and conditions of our rental service. Please read carefully through the terms and conditions set out in this Contractual Rental Agreement Part B and ensure you fully understand our rental services and extras.
Please acknowledge and accept the terms and conditions contained within and ensure you are satisfied with the information provided prior to making any booking.
Reservations are binding once you have confirmed acceptance of these terms and made your initial payment. Thereafter, our Terms and Conditions, including cancellation policy will apply.
If at any stage you have any questions please contact a member of our team via the contact information on our website.
Voyage Motorhomes reserve the right to refuse any rental based on reasonable grounds and may refuse any rental at its discretion.
At least 50% of the total rental cost is due at the time of booking. This amount is non-refundable. We accept credit and debit card through our online payment system. We also accept cash which must be paid within 48 hours of booking.
The remaining balance must be paid at least 21 days prior to the commencement of the rental period. The remaining balance can be paid by credit or debit card, bank transfer or cash. If the initial booking is made within 21 days prior to the commencement of the rental period, the full balance must be paid at the time of booking. Payments will be quoted and charged in pounds sterling.
- Standard Hire Equipment
The hire rates quoted include as standard:
- Unlimited mileage;
- Fully comprehensive insurance for 1 named driver aged 23-75 (subject to conditions);
- Public Liability Insurance;
- Kitchen equipment (see kit list on website);
- Bike racks;
- Toilet tablets;
- 1 cylinder of gas per hire;
- Smart TV;
- Breakdown and Roadside assistance UK and EU;
- European driving pack.
- Extra Equipment
Optional extras are available, subject to the prices quoted on the website at the time of booking.
Optional extras available:
- Car seats/booster seats;
- Gas BBQ;
- Table and chairs for outdoor use;
- Camp chairs;
- Bringing pets;
- Inflatable drive-away awning;
- Coffee Machine;
- Airport transfers;
- Alternative pick-up and/or drop-off;
- VE103 Certificate (see Section 6 below).
Airport transfers are specifically priced on the website. Other pick-up/drop-off locations are available and will be quoted upon individual requests. Please obtain a quote by contacting our team prior to confirming any booking.
Please note that there are no Isofix in the vehicles, any child/booster seats must be able to belt in.
All our vehicles are covered by fully comprehensive insurance and we have public liability insurance in place. We do recommend though that you take out your own travel insurance.
Travel is permitted in UK and Ireland but please specify if you wish to take the vehicle further afield to mainland Europe for permissions.
Drivers must be aged 23-75 and hold a full and valid UK or EU licence for the appropriate transmission for a min 2 years entitling them to drive Cat B up to 3500 kg.
Cover is provided for 1 primary driver meeting the requirements.
Additional named drivers can be added at £25 per person per hire.
Drivers must have no more than 2 separate sets of 3 points on their licence. Single 4 point offences are also acceptable.
Single 6 point SP30, SP50 and CU80 convictions are acceptable subject to a £1000 excess.
All other 6 point+ offences will require referral to our insurers.
Drivers must have no more than 1 fault accident / claim within the last 3 years
All documents must be sent at least 48 hours prior to collection. These can be digital copies, however originals must provided on the day of collection.
- Copy of photo card driving licence showing category entitlement (address details and ID must be up to date). Paper counterpart is required for NI licence. For UK mainland we also require a check code so that your licence information can be shared with us. The check code must be obtained by the driver by visiting gov.uk.
- Two forms of proof of address for every driver from the following list:
- Electricity (bill/statement)
- HMRC self-assessment / tax credit
- Water (bill/statement)
- Student loan statement
- Gas (bill/statement)
- Shotgun licence
- Council tax
- Mobile Phone Bills
- TV licence
- Pension letters
- Bank Statement
- Car Finance Statement
- Credit card bill / statement
- Loan Statement
- Mortgage statement
- Property deed
- Polling card
An annual council tax bill will be accepted. All other documents must be dated within 90 days of the hire date. The address & name on your licence must match both documents.
A licence check will not provide us with all the information required to ensure that all the conditions of the insurer are met. As such, you must inform us at the earliest opportunity if any drivers:
- Are under the age of 23 or over the age of 75;
- Have not held a full UK or EU licence for a minimum of 2 years;
- Have had their licence suspended for any period within the last 3 years;
- Have been involved in more than one fault incident in the last 3 years;
- Have obtained a BA (Driving Whilst Disqualified), DD (Dangerous Driving) or UT (Theft/Unauthorised Vehicle Taking) conviction.
This is a positive obligation placed upon you and any failure to make such a declaration or any dishonest declaration made will leave you liable for the full amount of any damages should they occur, regardless of fault.
The agreement is subject and is deemed to include the terms, conditions and limitations of our insurance policy, a copy of which can be made available upon request.
Any vehicle hired under this agreement may only be driven be the authorised drivers named in Part A of this agreement.
You agree to pay the insurance charges on our current tariff and to send a security deposit of £500 per vehicle to Voyage Motorhomes Ltd. as per clause 7 below. This security deposit must be paid by the primary driver.
You will compensate us for any loss (whether direct, indirect or consequential) which the vehicle may suffer as a result of any act or omission on the part of you or your servant or agent.
The vehicle will be insured under a comprehensive insurance policy. You shall be responsible for:
- The vehicle accidental damage excess,
- All loss or damage to the vehicle and liabilities arising from its hire if:
- At the time of an accident the vehicle is being driven by a person other than those named as a driver in Part A;
- You are in breach of any of the terms or conditions of the policy;
- Even though it may be covered by our insurance, you shall be liable to pay the cost of repair of any damage which the vehicle may suffer as the result of wilful action of you or any servant or agent of you.
Voyage Motorhomes Ltd. shall not be responsible for goods carried in or on the vehicle and you agree to indemnify us against all claims arising from loss or destruction of or damage to such goods.
Voyage Motorhomes Ltd. will supply full breakdown cover in the event of any mechanical faults to the base chassis of the vehicle.
However, any other call out charges imposed by the customer through operator fault, e.g. a flat vehicle battery etc. will be the customers financial responsibility.
- European Travel (including Republic of Ireland)
Insurance and breakdown cover is provided throughout Europe.
There will be a European driving pack included within your vehicle. This includes:
- High visibility vests;
- First aid kit;
- Warning triangle;
- Pair of beam benders (only required in countries where they drive on the right);
- UK sticker.
If your driving a rented vehicle in the EU (including ROI) or EEA, you will need to have a VE103 certificate with you. This is an authenticated document that acts as a substitute for the V5C. It contains details of the vehicle along with the name and address of the hirer. It must be produced on demand to prove that you have permission from the owner to be in possession of the vehicle. There is no acceptable substitute.
We will produce the certificate for you at a cost of £15. It will be presented to you at vehicle handover. You cannot travel to Europe (including ROI) or EEA without the Certificate as it is against the law and it will void the insurance. You accept that any dishonestly by you or failure to comply will leave you fully liable to any costs incurred.
Make sure you keep the certificate in a safe place as without it you could face delays at the border or risk the vehicle being impounded. It will also be required by our recovery operator should they need to attend.
- Security Deposit
A security deposit of £500 will be sent via bank transfer or will be taken from your credit or debit card. It must be paid at least 48 hours prior to the commencement of the rental period and must be paid by the primary driver.
We reserve the right to increase the security deposit with prior notice where applicable.
This is to cover any liability excess in any incident and also any damage caused to the vehicle during hire. This includes minor damages to the vehicle that may not necessarily be fixed but where an amount will be taken at our discretion to cover the depreciation of the vehicle value as a result. The vehicle must be returned in the same condition it was let out. Any incidents must be reported to us with 12 hours of occurrence.
This does not limit the hirer/drivers liability and you shall be liable for the full amount of damages caused if found responsible for any gross negligence or criminal or malicious damage to the vehicle.
The security deposit is fully refundable within 3 days after the hire if there are no outstanding claims or none of the following conditions apply:
- Appropriate amount required will be deducted for loss or damage to equipment, windows, tyres, fixtures and fittings, awnings and any equipment provided as standard or additionally hired for the duration of the hire. To prevent disputes a thorough check in and check out process is in place for both parties either side of the hire;
- A nominal Valet fee of up to £150 will be deducted for any vehicle returned without the interior in clean order;
- No unauthorised pets are allowed and £200 will be deducted for any breach of this;
- No smoking is permitted within our motorhomes and if a vehicle is returned and found this has been breached a £500 deduction will be applied;
- The toilet cassette must be emptied prior to return. We do not have facilities to do this at handover. If this has not been emptied a £80 fee will be deducted. If the toilet cassette is missing £200 fee is applicable;
- All motorhomes will be let with a full tank of diesel. Failure to return with a full tank will result in the fuel cost being deducted and a service charge of £25 applied. If choosing an alternative pick-up point the tank will be full at the point of leaving the depot and any used in delivery will be at the expense of the hirer;
- Any external/third party fines relevant to the term of the hire will be deducted if presented within this time. If the fine comes in after the 3 days has lapsed the main drivers details will be provided to the third party for them to follow up directly. By entering into this agreement you consent to us sharing your contact information for that purpose;
- Any speeding and legal fines are the responsibility of the driver and the main drivers details will be provided to the appropriate authorities upon request.
The hirer agrees to pay Voyage Motorhomes Ltd. any additional costs over and above the security deposit value should damages exceed the security deposit value. This amount must be paid within 28 days of request.
The hirer irrevocably authorises Voyage Motorhomes Ltd. to deduct from the security deposit any amounts due to Voyage Motorhomes Ltd. arising out of this agreement.
A £50 administration fee will be applied in addition to any costs to be deducted from the security deposit.
If an incident occurs during the rental, at the discretion of Voyage Motorhomes Ltd. a second deposit may be requested from you to allow the rental to continue.
Refunds by credit card including security deposit refunds may take up to 28 days, unless there are unforeseen circumstances, in which case this may take longer.
The hirer accepts that the limitation of liability to the contractually agreed security deposit does not apply to:
- Damage or loss caused by a negligent act;
- Damage or loss intentionally caused by you;
- Replacement or repair of aerials, glass or wheels;
- Mechanical problems E.g. clutch/gearbox due to driver negligence;
- Missing wheel trims, tools or spares;
- Damage to the underside of the vehicle or the roof, which includes the overhead “Luton” area;
- For damages caused by neglecting proper operating procedures, e.g. incorrect fuel type and quality (all of our vehicles run on diesel), ignoring oil or coolant levels, air pressure, etc;
- The theft of the vehicle if the keys are left in the ignition or in or on the vehicle whilst unoccupied and the hirer shall be held fully responsible for a replacement vehicle;
- For damage caused by the incorrect use of snow chains;
- Damage caused to windscreen, mirrors and/or tyre damage.
If any of the above circumstances apply to a rental, the customer will be liable for the full amount of damages. The customer is responsible for providing any proof that negligence has not occurred.
Voyage Motorhomes Ltd. is permitted to reserve the security deposit, until your liability and the amount of damage or loss has been decided.
Voyage Motorhomes Ltd. will reimburse any security deposit as soon as practicable after receiving the final resolution and payment involving third party claims.
The hirer must offer all reasonable support to Voyage Motorhomes Ltd. in managing claims, including information and attending court to give evidence if required.
- Collection and return
All motorhomes will be ready for dispatch by 3pm on day of collection. You should allow approx. 45 minutes to 1 hour for handover. Please make our team aware of your arrival time.
Voyage Motorhomes Ltd. will aim to ensure your vehicle is ready for pick-up at the agreed time, provided delays do not occur that are out of our control or we are exceptionally busy. Should either of these circumstances occur, we cannot give any refund or extend the hire period.
On return, vehicles should be returned to the depot/collection point by 10am. This is to allow time for the vehicle to be cleaned thoroughly and prepared for its next handover.
We may be able to offer early pick-up and/or late drop-off at an additional cost of £50 per arrangement. This subject to availability and we will only know if we can offer early pick-up and/or late drop off 1 week prior to pick-up. We will contact you at this stage and offer early pick-up and/or late drop-off if it is available.
Please be aware of travel times to and from our depot when planning your first and last stop over points.
Failure to return the vehicle by the allocated time without prior arrangement will incur a charge of £100 per hour or part thereof.
Failure to return the motorhome to the arranged point will result in the hirer being liable fully for costs incurred in its recovery and any loss of daily rental fees that may occur as a result of it not being returned.
- Rental Period
The rental period under this agreement shall be from the Date/Time Out shown until the Date/Time due back shown in Part A unless:
- You for any reason terminate this agreement before the Date/Time due back, or
- We will terminate this agreement before the Date/Time due back by reason of any breach by you of any term hereof, or
- We will for any other reason call for the return of the vehicle before the Date/Time due back.
In any of which events you shall forthwith return the vehicle.
You agree that on breach of this contract or termination of the agreed period of hire the vehicle will be surrendered to us and that until the vehicle is surrendered normal rental charges will accrue to you as will all costs incurred by us for the recovery of the Vehicle.
The total rental period shall not in any event exceed 90 days.
Should the customer request to extend the rental period, this request must first be authorised by Voyage Motorhomes Ltd. in writing.
Any extensions are dependent on Vehicle availability. The extra cost of an extended rental must be paid by credit/debit card as soon as a rental extension has been confirmed. Supplementary days will be charged dependent on the standard daily rental cost related to the vehicle at the time of extension.
Voyage Motorhomes LTD reserves the right to cancel bookings:
- If deposit /payment dates are not met;
- If documents /licence details are not provided or do not match the requirements of our insurers as set out above;
- Due to operational issues affecting the rental fleet;
- In the event of any damage to the vehicle regardless of fault;
- If the hirer is in breach of any term within this agreement;
- If the hirer obtained the vehicle through fraud or misrepresentation;
- If the vehicle appears to be abandoned or is damaged requiring recovery;
- If the safety of passengers appears to be in danger;
- If Government restrictions or legalities mean travel is not permitted eg. Covid 19, pandemics, legal restrictions limiting travel or any such event outside the control of the operator.
In the event of cancellation Voyage Motorhomes LTD’s liability will be restricted to the return of monies paid by the hirer and we hold no responsibility for compensation for additional arrangements made by the hirer (such as but not limited to flights, hotel accommodation, tickets for events etc).
- Cancellation by the Hirer
If cancelled more than 21 days prior to collection date the deposit of 50% is non-refundable
If cancelled 21 nights or less prior to hire collection then the full hire cost will be applied.
- Right To Change Of Vehicle
Voyage Motorhomes Ltd. can change the vehicle to a similar specification vehicle in the event of an unforeseen situation such as accidents, operational issues or other events. In the event of a downgraded vehicle type, the hirer may be entitled to a partial refund, at the reasonable discretion of Voyage Motorhomes Ltd.
If the hirer decides to rent a vehicle of a lesser class than the pre-booked vehicle, the hirer is not entitled to a refund (in part or in full).
The hirer is not accountable for any increased rental charges from the alternate vehicle. However, the hirer is liable for any increased operational costs relating to the alternate vehicle.
The offer of an alternate vehicle due to unforeseen circumstances is not a breach of contract and does not necessarily result in a refund.
- Covid 19
If government restrictions prevent travel we will endeavour to rearrange the booking for a future date. Re-arranged bookings may be subject to increased prices as a result of seasonal pricing. Date changes can be rebooked for up to 365 days from the initial collection date. No refund will be given if the value of the hire for the new dates is of lesser value than the original booking. At no stage will the balance be refundable.
If the hirer requests changes to this contract with regards to a change in their vehicle type, dates of hire or pick-up/drop off location, any requests should be made in writing and first agreed by Voyage Motorhomes Ltd. and the hirer. The following charges shall be incurred:
- Amendments to reservation dates, vehicle type or collection/return location will be accommodated where possible and are subject to availability and any increase in price. A £50 administration fee applies to any changes.
- No refund will be given on variations if the value of the hire for the new dates or vehicle type is of lesser value than the original booking.
- Holiday Disruption
In the event of a mechanical breakdown of the vehicle which cannot be repaired within 48 hours of being reported to Voyage Motorhomes Ltd. the hirer will be reimbursed up to a maximum of the rental hire rate for the number of nights affected until the problem is resolved. This is only applicable when the problem has been reported to us at the time of the breakdown and we have been given reasonable access to repair it. This does not apply to accident or damage caused by the hirer.
In the event of a breakdown, please contact a member of our team and we will arrange for our breakdown recovery service to attend. Our recovery agent can arrange accommodation and a hire car for you if your motorhome needs repairs.
Failure of systems including cabin heating, hot water, water pump, shower, toilet, refrigerator, gas hob or oven must be assessed by an authorised repairer. We will endeavour to have the problem rectified without returning to the depot and allow you to continue with the rental but this will not always be possible depending on the nature of the problem and the location of the vehicle. If this is not possible and the rental must be terminated, Voyage Motorhomes Ltd. will issue a refund for the number of remaining days that were affected.
Should you decide to continue with the rental, compensation is only feasible when Voyage Motorhomes Ltd. has been contacted to fix the problem and the hirer assists in achieving the repair. Compensation will be limited to a maximum of 25% of the daily rental fee for every day that the disruption exists.
Unless notified of any systems defect by us in writing prior to the start of the rental, you accept that all systems are in proper working order.
If the hirer fails to report any issue, it is assumed these are of a minor nature and as such the hirer cannot claim for loss of time in respect to the rental. Small defects and repairs of radio/CD player, reversing camera, cruise control etc are thought to be minor issues and are not included in holiday disruption coverage.
Voyage Motorhomes Ltd. is not responsible for any damage or disruptions due to extreme weather conditions.
- Vehicle Care
It is the hirers responsibility to take reasonable steps to maintain the vehicle whilst on hire. This includes checking and maintaining of tyres and water, oil levels, gas and all components. Warning lights must not be ignored and any problems must be reported to our team.
We understand small repairs and items may need replaced locally or quickly to not interrupt your holiday hire. If these are not caused by damage by the hirer we authorise these repairs to be made up to a value of £50 without authorisation, provided that the repair is reasonably required in order for you to continue to enjoy use of the vehicle. You will be reimbursed on return upon presenting receipts. If in doubt pre authorisation is recommended but we want to allow this flexibility if remote or unable to get an immediate contact so you can make the most of your time on the road.
- Use the vehicle only in Great Britain and Ireland unless authorised otherwise by us in writing;
- Not load or permit the vehicle to be loaded in excess of its carrying capacity or weight limit;
- Ensure that the vehicle is not used to carry a number of persons in excess of the seating capacity of the vehicle;
- Use mattress protectors on all beds;
- Not use the vehicle to carry or store products that may damage the vehicle in any way;
- Ensure that the vehicle is always locked when unattended, and take all reasonable steps to prevent loss of or damage to the Vehicle, or its tyres, tools, accessories, equipment or contents;
- Inform us immediately if the Vehicle develops any fault or requires any servicing, and permit us to carry out any essential repairs or servicing;
- Neither alter the specification of the Vehicle nor alter or deface its paintwork or markings;
- Ensure that the Vehicle is maintained in a clean and roadworthy condition. Check that the correct tyre pressures, engine oil level, battery fluid level, screen wash levels and coolant levels are maintained throughout the period of the rental;
- Notify us promptly of all defects in the Vehicle and, in the event of any defect that shall affect the roadworthiness of the Vehicle then such notice to be given immediately;
- Make the Vehicle available at both a reasonable and convenient time and place to us so that repairs or replacements can be properly effected by us to maintain the Vehicle in serviceable and roadworthy condition or at any reasonable time that we shall require the Vehicle;
- Pay us all reasonable charges in respect of alterations or additions to the Vehicle made at the request of you or to satisfy statutory requirements after the commencement of the hire;
- Not sell, charge, lend or re-hire the Vehicle;
- Reimburse to us within 14 days of being advised of the cost of any taxes, fines, custom duties or charges levied on us as a result of your use of the vehicle;
- At the commencement of the hire check to ensure that the vehicle is fit for its purpose and in good condition. In the absence of any defect being confirmed to us by you in writing prior to the hire commencing, you are deemed to accept that the vehicle, is fit for its purpose and in good condition;
- At the end of the hire period return the vehicle to our depot, in the condition prevailing at the commencement of the hire (fair wear and tear expected), clean and tidy (traffic grime expected).It shall be free from excess mud, rubbish and pet hair otherwise extra charges will apply;
- Pay our current tariff for rental and fuel, shall pay for any accessories, tyres, tools or equipment, lost, stolen or damaged: pay us the cost of recovering the vehicle in the event that you fail to return it to us, pay any penalties, fines and court costs incurred in the use of the vehicle before it is returned to us and which we are obliged to pay (save when caused by the fault of us).
- Not use the vehicle for any unlawful purpose or for racing, pacemaking, competitions or speed testing, or in any unlawful manner.
Late returns are charged at £100/hour regardless of circumstances.
- Vehicle Use
Only Persons identified in Contractual Rental Agreement Part A as either the hirer or authorised driver may drive the Vehicle. Even when identified in the Contractual Rental Agreement Part A, the following persons are not permitted to drive the vehicle;
- Anyone who provides a false, fake or counterfeit licence;
- Anyone whose driver licence is expired, cancelled or suspended within the last two years;
- Anyone who has given, or for whom You have given, a false name, age, address or any driver licence detail;
- Anyone under 23 or over 75 years of age;
- Anyone who is a learner, provisional or probationary licence holder or has not held a full driver’s licence for any class of Vehicle for at least two years;
- Anyone who uses or aims to use the Vehicle for illegal purposes;
- Anyone whose blood alcohol concentration or level of drugs surpasses the lawful percentage, including anyone under the influence of or impaired by a drug, intoxicating liquor or any other substance.
Prohibited use of the Vehicle is based on both the safety of you and the preservation of our vehicles. Prohibited use includes but may not be limited to:
- For carrying persons for hire, gain or reward;
- To carry any inflammable, explosive or corrosive materials;
- For towing any vehicle, trailer, boat or other object unless previously approved by Voyage Motorhomes Ltd;
- During natural disasters, weather based events or other major circumstances;
- Carrying a greater load and/or more persons for which the vehicle is not intended or agreed upon;
- Racing, pace-making, speed trials, driving in a dangerous, wilful or reckless manner;
- Carrying illegal substances or product either for commercial purposes, financial gain or delivery of such goods;
- Leaving the vehicle with the ignition key in or unlocked while it is unoccupied (this invalidates insurance);
- Driving the Vehicle on unsealed and non -public 18 roads;
- Driving the Vehicle on any and all unnumbered roads and highways;
- Driving the Vehicle in an unsafe or unroadworthy condition;
- Driving the vehicle recklessly in a manner that could cause damage;
- Submerging the vehicle in water or making contact with salt water;
- Journeys into areas of public disorder;
- Journeys into areas at war.
I understand that Voyage Motorhomes Ltd. can limit vehicle movements into particular areas at their discretion due to adverse road or weather conditions or any other reasonable cause.
The hirer will ensure they maintain the vehicle during the rental period, including checking oil and coolant levels, tyre pressures and batteries every 500 miles.
The hirer must contact Voyage Motorhomes Ltd. if and when the oil is above or below the recommended level or the warning indication light is illuminated. The hirer will need to add water/coolant to the cooling system and employ a licenced mechanic to complete any tasks needed subject to the manufacturer’s specifications.
We provide 24-hour Roadside Assistance under the hire contract. Any faults or damage must be reported immediately to Voyage Motorhomes Ltd. or if for any reason this is not achievable, report the issue on return of the vehicle at the latest.
The hirer needs to maintain the Vehicle to these conditions and if the damage is the fault of the hirer, the hirer will be liable for the cost incurred.
If you encounter any minor repairs or more serious issues, you must call and speak with a member of our team and we will attempt to fix the situation, including contacting nearby repairers, mechanics and other necessary suppliers to repair the problem and direct the hirer to the nearest supplier when required. Emergency contact number: 07488812565.
In the event of any accident or third party damage this must be reported to us within 12 hours.
- Obtain the names and address of third parties and any witnesses and report the event to the nearest police station;
- Complete the incident reporting form supplied in the vehicle;
- Take pictures of the damage and scene as appropriate;
- Not make any admittance of liability or make a settlement offer to other parties;
- Assist Voyage Motorhomes Ltd. in handling any claim arising from the event;
- Pay any costs relating to a change of vehicle as a result of an incident regardless of which party is at fault;
- Accept that no security deposit/excess will be refunded until the claim is settled;
- Recognise that the excess or other amount due in respect of any damage arising from an accident, loss or damage is payable at the time of reporting the event and not at the completion of the rental period, regardless of which party is at fault.
In the event of a collision we reserve the right to cancel the rental and demand that the involved vehicle be returned to our depot regardless of fault.
If the vehicle must be returned we will endeavour to supply a replacement vehicle but this may not always be possible due to other requirements on our fleet.
Drivers are responsible for all legal matters relating to the vehicle and road use including but not limited to Fixed Penalty Notices, Parking Fines or any financial penalty or charge which maybe demanded by any person corporation or authority as a result of the Vehicle being parked or left upon land which is not public land.
If any traffic violation infringements are presented to Voyage Motorhomes Ltd. for your hire period which the hirer is liable for, Voyage Motorhomes Ltd. will charge to the hirer, the full cost along with an administration fee of £50 for each violation.
- Conditions of Hire
Voyage Motorhomes hire agreement is a sole contract for hiring the vehicle between Voyage Motorhomes Ltd and the hirer/drivers and/or passengers.
No changes can be made to these terms and conditions without confirmation in writing by the company Managing Director.
Any changes to the general rental conditions and agreements need to be detailed in writing by both parties to be validated.
No refunds are payable on accommodation or other arrangements by Voyage Motorhomes Ltd. where a hirer or passenger changes, cancels or seeks to vary this agreement.
Any representative or statement cannot bind the company unless it is confirmed in writing by Voyage Motorhomes Ltd.’s Managing Director.
Third-party declarations will have no binding effect on the rental agreement between Voyage Motorhomes Ltd. and the hirer.
All Voyage Motorhomes Ltd.’s vehicle types are pet friendly, provided they are domestic pet dogs only. A maximum of 2 dogs are allowed and only following express consent of Voyage Motorhomes Ltd. and the additional cost paid. Pets are not allowed on the beds. The hirer is accountable for guaranteeing compliance with the corresponding animal protection, carriage, vaccination and transit/entry requirements.
Additional cleaning costs may be incurred due to non-compliance or infringement of these regulations and the hirer shall accept any loss of profit consequently incurred by Voyage Motorhomes Ltd. due to the extended downtime required.
Any relevant allergies experienced by any passenger (fabrics, materials, pet hair etc.) must be brought to the attention of our team at the time of booking or asap afterwards.
- Vehicle Illustration Disclaimer
Voyage Motorhomes website and advertising shows representations of our vehicles. Pictures,
illustrations, descriptions and measurements of the vehicles may vary slightly due to modifications
and/or upgrades. Voyage Motorhomes Ltd. is not accountable for any such variance.
Any issues should be reported immediately. If this is not possible they should be reported upon returning the vehicle.
- Complaints can be made by email or telephone at:
- We will acknowledge receipt of the complaint by customers preferred method within three working days.
- We aim to resolve all complaints as quickly as possible. If it is not possible to reach a prompt conclusion, we will contact the customer with an explanation, and set out expected timescales by which matters should be resolved.
- We aim to resolve all our customer complaints internally. If, however, the customer is not satisfied with the final outcome of our complaints procedure, they are able to contact The Financial Ombudsman, details can be found at:
- Non-financial complaints can be directed to Trading Standards.
- The customer may also contact the British Vehicle Renting and Leasing Association (BVRLA) Conciliation Service as an approved Alternative Dispute Resolution service. Details can be found at bvrla.co.uk or by contacting email@example.com.
Unresolved disputes may be referred to the BVRLA by either the hirer or Voyage Motorhomes Ltd. Details should be submitted online at https://bvrla.co.uk/consumer-advice/ making-a-complaint-adr.html
If the hirer does not have access to the internet, details can be sent by post to:
British Vehicle Rental & Leasing Association River Lodge,
Badminton Court Amersham,
The BVRLA will aim to resolve the matter using the information presented by both parties to the dispute. Based on the information available, the BVRLA will provide both parties with its findings and recommendations.
The BVRLA aims to resolve complaints through the Dispute Resolution Service within 30 days.
- Data Protection
- Consequential Loss
We shall not under any circumstances be liable for any direct or indirect consequential loss arising from the hiring out of the vehicle howsoever, whensoever or wheresoever caused and whether or not resulting from negligent act or omission by us.
We shall be relieved of liability to provide the vehicle wherever and for so long as end to the extent to which the beneficial use of the vehicle is prevented as a consequence of fire, explosion, flood, strike action or by any cause beyond our control.
The laws of the country where this agreement is signed by you apply to this agreement. Any court proceedings shall be conducted in the same country.
- That this agreement is not assignable by you.
- That this document (together with any agreed attachment hereto) contains the entire understanding between the parties and that no addition to or alteration of the terms shall be valid unless made in writing and signed by the Voyage Motorhomes Ltd. Managing Director.
- That you are not entering into this agreement on the basis of any warranty or representation by us.
- That failure by us to enforce any term of this agreement shall not be construed as a waiver of its rights hereunder.
- Personal Vehicle Parking
Our yard for parking personal vehicles is secluded. However, at times the public do still have ready access. If choosing to park your own personal vehicle at our site it is done so at your own risk and Voyage Motorhomes Ltd. will not be liable for any theft or damage caused.
- Closing Statement
Thank you for taking the time to read and understand our terms and conditions and for choosing Voyage Motorhomes Ltd. as your trusted motorhome provider. As a family run company, customer care is of the upmost importance to us. We will do our best to ensure that your experience is as enjoyable as possible. We are continually striving for improvement and welcome any constructive feedback which might help us improve our service.